Friday, June 1, 2012

Short handed....

We woke up to rain this morning.  Today is the last day of school which means I have no help.....except this young, willing, fine fellow.  Well, he's coming whether I like it or not.

He is an amazingly cheerful helper.  He rises to the task of helping mom when all her hands are full.

After picking all the flowers it's time to feed all the animals.  We have Ancona ducks and three chickens. 

This is Betty.  She was born with a funky nerve issue in her hips so we got her for free and she will one day feed us.

Time to feed Belle.  She was born last fall and is our future replacement milk cow.  Isn't she cute?

Time to check the baby kittens in the garden shed.  Last week the mama cat and I has a bit of a go-around.  She insisted on living in the house and I insisted they live in the garden shed.  She moved them back to the house 5 times before the garden shed finally stuck. 

Next we feed Socks.  He is the bully of the neighborhood but boy is he awesome at keeping the deer out of my Garden.

Finally, we feed Jack.  He is the world most awesome mouser.  If you're a mouse, vole, or gopher, or bird you will "reu the day" you ran into "JACK".

So I wasn't short-handed after all.  Big things come in small packages.

1 comment:

  1. Over Memorial Day weekend, I was giggling when I watched the little guy racing through the mud puddle near the hay barn. He has no fear! I loved seeing the ducks, too. Since I've never raised that many ducks at one time, I had no idea that they were so "herdable." :) Thank you for the pics and memories!

    ReplyDelete