Friday, July 6, 2012

Wild Abundance with Reckless Abandon......

 This is my perennial garden that is just for "show".  It was oringally going to be a formal garden but I had to re-name it to a cottage garden when I couldn't keep up with the weeds, though it doesn't look too weedy in this shot.
  Wade is harvesting flowers, for himself no-doubt, to make a bouquet to sell at the market.  (I think he will have to pay me a commission since I don't remember him out there helping me weed.  (This was taken last year as my camera is broken right now and in the shop)
 We occassionally have on-farm classes and this is Eden demonstrating a European weave.  Check out the website for details on classes being offered.
 These flowers are hydrating and we will work them into mixed bouquets for the market, stores and subscriptions. 
 This is an order for a D-Y-I bride last year in August.  We like to wrap up everything nice and neat so it makes the trip home in good condition.
Talking about wild abundance, I put in this shot because we have a very serious amount of raspberries around here , and I can't wait for fresh raspberry pie.  I'm sure I will dedicate a whole blog entry to this fabulous lusciousness. (sp?)

No comments:

Post a Comment